[aur-requests] [PRQ#597] Deletion Request for lib32-yasm

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Aug 24 07:10:27 EDT 2014

GordonGR [1] filed a deletion request for lib32-yasm [2]:

Hello.

I am the maintainer of this package and original uploader. I made this
package as a make-dependency for lib32-x264 (which I later replaced
with lib32-libx264). Later on, and since I couldn't compile
lib32-x264, I just took the 32-bits for x264 binary and repackaged it.
So, lib32-yasm serves no purpose.

On the other hand, the package provides no .so's (which is normal,
since its [extra] counterpart doesn't), which makes this package a
failure and a great mistake from my side.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/GordonGR/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/lib32-yasm/