[aur-requests] [PRQ#1029] Orphan Request for popcorntime

Attila Bukor r1pp3rj4ck at w4it.eu
Tue Oct 7 11:15:13 UTC 2014

On 10/07/2014 11:58 AM, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> xantares [1] filed a orphan  request for popcorntime [2]:
 >
 > last release is 3+ months old
 > and the maintainer doesnt answer
 >
 > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/xantares/
 > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/popcorntime/

Hi everyone,

As I just said in a comment, I haven't really replied to the latest
comments as @hobarrera answered everything before I could. The package
hasn't been updated as the upstream has disappeared due to DMCA takedown
[1]. Last time I checked, there was only a binary release, which is used
by the popcorntime-bin [2] package. Right now it seems that another
fork's [3] source is available online in a zip [4], I will try to update
the package to use that one sometime this week, preferrably tonight.

[1] https://github.com/popcorn-official/popcorn-app/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/popcorntime-bin
[3] http://time4popcorn.eu/
[4] http://time4popcorn.eu/source/PopcornTime_Desktop-src.zip