[aur-requests] [PRQ#1107] Merge Request for firefox-private-zh-cn

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Oct 15 15:23:55 UTC 2014

Firef0x [1] filed a request to merge firefox-private-zh-cn [2] into
firefox-private-bin [3]:

The upstream of this package is the same as the package
'firefox-private'. Kyro (as maintainer of this package) repacked the
Ubuntu package to Arch and I (as Firef0x) repacked the tar.bz2 package
to Arch.
Since someone has removed 'firefox-private' last year, I gave up
updating 'firefox-private' and use 'firefox-private-zh-cn' instead.
But Kyro also gave up updating 'firefox-private-zh-cn' in May. I had
to submit 'firefox-private' again and maintain it until now.
As Kyro disowned this package, I think it's better to merge this one
and 'firefox-private' into 'firefox-private-bin', named after
'firefox-aurora-bin', 'firefox-beta-bin', 'firefox-esr-bin',
'firefox-gnome-keyring-bin' and 'firefox-gtk3-bin'.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Firef0x/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/firefox-private-zh-cn/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/firefox-private-bin/