[aur-requests] [PRQ#702] Deletion Request for intellij-idea-13-community

Jochen Schalanda jochen at schalanda.name
Fri Sep 5 03:19:43 EDT 2014

Hi,

The idea of intellij-idea-<version>-community [1,2,3] is to provide the
Community Edition of IntellIJ in a specific major version. With the
release of IntelliJ IDEA 14 being imminent it is foreseeable that
intellij-idea-community-edition will move to this new version.

But since there are good reasons to stay with a particular major version
of the IDE, e. g. bugs or incompatibilities with new versions,
availability of plugins etc., I would strongly suggest not to remove the
intellij-idea-<version>-community packages.

[1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-11-community/
[2]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-12-community/
[3]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-13-community/

Cheers,