[aur-requests] [PRQ#2913] Request Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Apr 5 22:40:00 UTC 2015

Request #2913 has been rejected by Xyne [1]:

Inform the current maintainer that you are the upstream developer and
ask him/her to disown the package. If he/she does not want to disown
it, flag it as out-of-date and submit your PKGBUILD to him/her. If it
is not accepted, file a disown request.

Personally I would prefer to see the upstream developer maintain his
own package in the AUR but we do not simply take packages away from
users upon request if the package works. I hope that you understand
and will not be discouraged by this. I'm hoping that the current
maintainer will just give you the package.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Xyne/