[aur-requests] [PRQ#2986] Orphan Request for tor-browser-en

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:37:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:30 AM,  <notify at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> The current maintainer for this package has, for many months, been
> late (sometimes days) on updating this package. I suggest he orphan it
> so someone else can take the slack and keep it alive as it is a
> time-dependent security-sensitive application.

I wasn't able to get notification for the latest release because it
got flagged incorrectly on Saturday, and I forgot to clear it. There
was another release sometime last year that took me a few days to get
to. Otherwise I don't think I've been that bad. See for yourself:

https://github.com/yardenac/pkgbuilds/commits/master/packages/tor-browser-en
https://gitweb.torproject.org/builders/tor-browser-bundle.git/tree/Bundle-Data/Docs/ChangeLog.txt?h=maint-4.0

Almost all of the updates for the past half year are the same day as
the release, often within minutes. Please note that the changelog
dates seem to be somewhere in the eastern hemisphere whereas I'm in
America/Los_Angeles. For instance, today's release of 4.0.8 is marked
"Apr 10 2015" but at the time of this writing it is Thu Apr  9
19:36:58 UTC 2015.

Also, I am a woman and my pronouns are she and her. Thanks.