[aur-requests] [PRQ#3072] Deletion Request for gnome-shell-extension-searchbookmarks

kaptoxic kaptoxic at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 17:19:55 UTC 2015

On 04/19/2015 02:58 AM, Doug Newgard wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 06:45:02 +0000 (UTC)
> notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
>
>> kaptoxic [1] filed a deletion request for
>> gnome-shell-extension-searchbookmarks [2]:
>>
>> This package is not needed since there is
>> gnome-shell-extension-searchbookmarks-git.
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/kaptoxic/
>> [2]
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/gnome-shell-extension-searchbookmarks/
> This makes no sense. One tracks releases, the other tracks git master. Two
> different things. The -git package is really, really old, too.
I see, but the extension is out of date, there is no point in tracking
releases (similar to the situation with other gnome extensions). Since
*-git package tracks master, it cannot possibly be older than "release"
package, it is only that the old version is hardcoded in PKGBUILD. (Note
that I flagged the package just because it does not work for the current
version of gnome).

Once the code starts working for newest gnome releases, *-git package
will be fine again.