[aur-requests] [PRQ#2239] Merge Request for telegram-purple

Francisco Demartino demartino.francisco at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 03:42:14 UTC 2015

I think I rushed this merge request. Let's discuss it a bit and then
figure out what's the best. Sorry!

Transcription of telegram-purple AUR comments:

---
Comment by vinipsmaker

2015-02-04 03:32

@franciscod:
I can disown this package if you want to maintain it.

Some users want the git/development version of some package (I use
inkscape-bzr, for instance), but others want the latest stable
released version (normal packages). I didn't find the telegram-purple
package, then I "forked" the git package.

Simple as that.
---
Comment by franciscod

2015-02-04 03:40

Thanks for your explanation! I'm ashamed of my initial hostile
reaction, I felt like my work being copied and didn't like it (dammit,
ego!). Sorry!

At upstream, the development happens on feature branches. The master
branch points to the latest stable tagged version (also, your package
points to v0.6, and the latest one is v0.6.1) so we'd supporting the
exact same version!

https://github.com/majn/telegram-purple/tags
https://github.com/majn/telegram-purple/branches

Maybe the best way of joining forces is merging both packages and
sharing the maintain process on github. What do you think?