[aur-requests] [PRQ#2128] Deletion Request for sigrok-cli-git

Thomas Krug t.krug at elektronenpumpe.de
Wed Jan 28 15:04:43 UTC 2015

On 01/28/2015 01:02 AM, Doug Newgard wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 23:46:32 +0000 (UTC)
> notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
>
>> phragment [1] filed a deletion request for sigrok-cli-git [2]:
>>
>> I'd like to remove sigrok git packages, since the development is to
>> fast to keep providing useful pkgbuilds.
>>
>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/phragment/
>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/sigrok-cli-git/
>
> This makes little sense. How is development too fast when you haven't
> uploaded a new PKGBUILD in over 2 months? The PKGBUILD is pretty
> simple, too, I don't see a ton of stuff that would need changed all of
> the time...

Since git head sees a lot of developmen people kept emailing me, that
the packages won't build or worse, they do build and just do not work or
crash.
Typical approach is to remove all five packages and build from the
ground up.
Dependencies between their libraries change often.
Besides this the devs already contacted me, that people also keep
bugging them.

Of course people should know better and I can just disown the package.

Greetings,
Thomas