[aur-requests] `counter-strike-2d` package out of date

Jens Adam jra at byte.cx
Sun Jul 12 02:18:00 UTC 2015

Sun, 12 Jul 2015 04:15:44 +0300
eray at erayaydin.me:

> counter-strike-2d AUR package is out of date a month ago. I set new
> PKGBUILD but I can't send because git "readonly". I prepare all
> things but I can't update.

It may be outdated for a month, but it's only flagged since July 2nd.
Please read up on
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Foo_in_AUR_is_outdated.3B_what_do_I_do.3F
The correct way would mean filing an orphan request (after PM'ing the
maintainer and waiting a few days without reply) which is only
possible after a certain time period. (after browsing the AUR4 code it
should be 14 days, so that would be next Thursday)

Also, preparing
https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/counter-strike-2d-dev/ might have
been a good learning experience regarding AUR, git and whatnot, but I
don't think that PKGBUILD serves much purpose beyond your own use.
The -dev suffix is misleading since upstream has only one release,
there's no -dev/$vcs branch. Erasing the credits of former maintainers
and contributors isn't very nice either.

--byte