[aur-requests] [PRQ#2585] Merge Request for upower-pm-utils

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sun Mar 8 18:42:42 UTC 2015

On Sunday 08 March 2015 10:48:42 notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> Alad [1] filed a request to merge upower-pm-utils [2] into
> upower-nosystemd [3]:
>
> Identical to upower-nosystemd, except this has an overly specific
> dependency (eudev instead of udev) for the sole reason of packaging
> for another distro
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Alad/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/upower-pm-utils/
> [3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/upower-nosystemd/

Currently one package [1] depends on it. I've left a comment.

About this package deletion. I think that we are free to remove packages which
are uploaded to provide Manjaro compatibility according to the idea that AUR
is _Arch_ repository, not Arch-based one. And to provide compatibility Manjaro
users should use own repository.

1. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mate-session-manager-upower/
--
Sincerely yours,