[aur-requests] [PRQ#2846] Deletion Request for nx-all

Muflone webreg at vbsimple.net
Sat Mar 28 10:09:53 UTC 2015

Il 28 marzo 2015 02:01:10 CET, notify at aur.archlinux.org ha scritto:
>Chris_TR [1] filed a deletion request for nx-all [2]:
>
>The package has been outdated for a while and although it's not
>orphan, it hasn't been updated since it got adopted. Per the notice at
>the top of https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/FreeNX , it's not
>supported and it's been replaced by X2Go.
>
>[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Chris_TR/
>[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/nx-all/

Why should it be deleted then?
X2go cannot replace FreeNX, it's not compatible all in both sides
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:faq:start

FreeNX 4 is not the same of FreeNX 3 and cannot provide the same functionality, therefore until I find a valid reason to break compatibility with NX and with the wiki itself, I won't update FreeNX to v4.

If you want I could submit a separated FreeNX v4 package.

However I cannot find a single reason to delete the working nx-all package.
--
Muflone