[aur-requests] [PRQ#3328] Request Rejected

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Sun May 17 22:17:01 UTC 2015

Le 18/05/2015 00:01, notify at aur.archlinux.org a écrit :
> Request #3328 has been rejected by Muflone [1]:
>
> First of all are you sure you want to lose all the votes the exfalso
> package has? After deletion there's no way to restore them.
>
> Apart that, from your request you seem to want upload a package
> (pkgbase) named quodlibet, which is in conflict with the
> extra/quodlibet package.
> Please see:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_packaging_standards#AUR_packages
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Muflone/

I know that I can’t upload quodlibet since it’s already in extra, here I
only use quodlibet in $pkgbase. I thought this was an appropriate use of
the $pkgbase var (according to
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD#pkgbase). For instance, I
use this for krita too (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/krita/),
where the pkg differs from calligra-krita because it doesn’t depends on
calligra-libs and calligra-filters (thus avoiding pulling in kdepim),
since only the relevant ones for Krita are built(-in).

I’m going to open an feature request against quodlibet packaging, and
will comme back here when I have an answer for the future of this package.

Thanks,

Bruno