[aur-requests] [PRQ#3401] Deletion Request for nuvolaplayer3

Patrick Burroughs (Celti) celti at celti.name
Tue May 26 14:44:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:37:01 +0100 Michael Corrigan
<ghost.vonage at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good afternoon Celti,
>
> The git package refuses to compile for me.  That is why I made this
> package.  You yourself commented on that package saying that it only
> build with a version of vala that the git package does not depend
> on.  Once the git package is updated with this new dependency, I will
> delete this package as requested.

That's an upstream modification required, I'm pretty sure; it's not a
matter of changing the AUR package to have a specific dependency.
Regardless, it can currently be worked around by downgrading vala
(which few other things depend upon).

> Also the RPMs are coming from the stable branch of the repo.

The RPMs are coming from the repository for the stable version of
Fedora; they are still beta builds of NuvolaPlayer, clearly marked as
such on the website. This is both a beta and a binary package and not
marked as either.