[aur-requests] [PRQ#4104] Merge Request for python-gitpython

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Wed Oct 7 20:12:03 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Wednesday 30 September 2015 21:45:13 notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> carlgeorge [1] filed a request to merge python-gitpython [2] into
> python-git [3]:
>
> Renaming package to reflect the actual python module name, i.e.
> `import git`.

Not sure that this renaming is a good choice. Usually we are using the -git
suffix to indicate that the package is VCS one and builds from git. So I'm
afraid such renaming will cause a some confusion for users.

May be python-pythongit is a good alternative for the package name.

/dicsuss
--
Sincerely yours,
Evgeniy Alekseev