[aur-requests] [PRQ#4005] Deletion Request for entop

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:25:21 UTC 2015

On 11 September 2015 at 10:13, Aaron France <aaron.l.france at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm upgrading to the latest AUR4 stuff, they will be fixed. No need to
> delete. I doubt anyone is even using these packages besides me!
>
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 at 11:10 WorMzy Tykashi <wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 11 September 2015 at 00:28, Aaron France <aaron.l.france at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Why is a deletion filed before anything else?

>> Let me answer your question with another question: why upload clearly
>> outdated PKGBUILDs in the first place?

Other people _are_ trying to use them, which is what drew them to my
attention in the first place. You say you were (are?) going to update
them, but you were the previous maintainer of at least two of these
packages[1][2], and pacman 4.2 came out nine months ago and you still
haven't updated them. How much longer is it going to take? Uploading a
broken PKGBUILD is bad enough, but then leaving it in a broken state
for months on end is even worse.

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/20150801021347/https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/entop/
[2] http://web.archive.org/web/20150801154108/https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bumperl/