[aur-requests] [PRQ#6098] Request Accepted

Sukarn Singh Maini realrage at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 09:30:33 UTC 2016

On 08/06/2016 02:22 PM, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> Request #6098 has been accepted by Sukarn [1]:
>
> The package base has been flagged out-of-date since 2015-12-22.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Sukarn/
This was a mistake. The package is, in fact, not out of date. Newer
sources contain changes that are specific to Ubuntu and need
dependencies that many people will not want on their system, such as
Ubuntu's modified gtk. Also, although launchpad version history shows a
newer stable version 12.10.2, it can only be downloaded by bzr. Direct
download on launchpad still links to 12.10.1, indicating that 12.10.1 is
still the recommended stable version.

I have apologized to the original maintainer and requested him / her to
adopt the package again.