[aur-requests] [PRQ#5800] Orphan Request for sublime-text

carstene1ns arch at carsten-teibes.de
Mon Jul 4 07:59:20 UTC 2016

Am 03.07.2016 um 15:01 schrieb notify at aur.archlinux.org:
> syncrtl64 [1] filed a orphan request for sublime-text [2]:
>
> Not a lot of people use sublime text 2 nowadays I presume, but I
> do(works better on older systems). I can be the maintainer for this
> package

So, my question is then, what can you do better to maintain this package
anyway?
The last three comments claiming it is wrongly packaged are either wrong
or have been answered before. The package worked like this even 3 years
ago, long before I stepped up to maintain it.
The Out-Of-Date flag claiming "Sublime Text 3 officially released!" was
wrong, too. So no reason really to orphan this.
(If it would be true, this should be merged in a newly to-be-created
"sublime-text2" package then).

I am okay with working on issues with users or making someone a
co-maintainer if there are severe issues, but just saying "I can do
better!" helps no-one.

best regards,
carstene1ns