[aur-requests] Package rename request

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 5 05:28:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, 04 Jul 2016 at 22:46:19, Tony Lambiris via aur-requests wrote:
> I wanted to change the package name from linux-macbook-pro to just
> linux-macbook but it appears that a package by that name already exists in
> the AUR even though it doesn't show up when searching for it:
> [...]
> Can anyone help with this or point me in the correct direction? Thanks in
> advance.

Apparently, that package already existed before and was deleted in
December 2015, see [1].

You should be able to clone the Git repository, add new commits and
push to resurrect the package. After that, file a merge request to merge
linux-macbook-pro into linux-macbook.

Regards,
Lukas

[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2015-December/009657.html