[aur-requests] [PRQ#5432] Orphan Request for ncurses5-compat-libs

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Thu May 12 20:38:59 UTC 2016

On Thu, 12 May 2016 21:08:22 +0100
Dominic <dominicmeskys at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it works then why am I getting "ERROR: One or more PGP signatures could
> not be verified!" message along other (ignored) commenters on the AUR page?
> Hundreds of packages installed yet this one is somehow special? Granted you
> can make it work by importing gpg key but this package is a dependency for
> 38 other package meaning all those will fail because of this. If the
> maintainer does not fix or even respond to comments it should be maintained
> by someone who is more willing to engage with the community, after all
> isn't the whole point of maintaining packages to help the community? Also
> if I am wrong on any of it then perhaps any special treatment required for
> this specific package should be noted in the comments to avoid issues.

First off, reply to the list, not directly to me.

Importing the gpg key is normal, not "special treatment". It is noted in the
PKGBUILD, which you're supposed to be reading, and is talked about on the
makepkg wiki page.

I suspect the maintainer is ignoring the comments because he's tired of dealing
with people who simply don't know what they're doing.