[aur-requests] [PRQ#6936] Deletion Request for yaourt-dev-null-git

Gabriel B Casella gbc921 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 00:02:36 UTC 2016

On 28 November 2016 at 19:51, <notify at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

> thurstylark [1] filed a deletion request for yaourt-dev-null-git [2]:
>
> Highly specific use case. Trivially reproduced by appending
> `>/dev/null` to the command line.

​I partially agree with you. Indeed it is easily possible to redirect to
'/dev/null' using a redirect,
we miss two functionalities here:
1. When you search with yaourt w/o parameters (e.g. 'yaourt package-query')
all search results are redirected to '/dev/null', making this useless.
2. The coloring that yaourt uses while outputting is lost.

In that case (specially #1), I don't think this pkg doesn't provide any
extra functionality.

Sincerely,
​