[aur-requests] [PRQ#3287] Orphan Request for bup-git

Michael Witten mfwitten at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 00:39:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Gordian Edenhofer
<gordian.edenhofer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-09-08 at 20:41 +0000, Michael Witten wrote:
>> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 10:39 AM,  <notify at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
>>

>> > - poorly written PKGBUILD
>>
>> Well, I cannot speak to the simple[ton] conventions that the Arch
>> Linux
>> "community" may now have in place, but the PKGBUILD that I had
>> maintained for quite some time appears to be incredibly well written,
>> robust, and quite forward thinking.
>>
>> Good Day, Sir!
>
> This request is nearly a year old. I don't really understand why you
> even reply to this mail at this point.
> Just to be clear your PKGBUILD did not build since you wrote comments
> in between the fields of the options array. You were informed about
> this oddity through the comment section but instead of investigating
> you chose to complain about Arch Linux in general.
> Btw. the request was auto accepted since the package was flagged as
> out-of-date for quite a while.
>
> Best Regards,
> Gordian Edenhofer

I SAID GOOD DAY!

PS

Lighten up, Francis.

Why would I have wasted my time investigating yet another one of
Arch Linux's *obvious* failings?

It's quite telling that you still cannot perceive the fact that the fault lay
in `makepkg', not the PKGBUILD.

As I recall, it used to be understood (and even documented) that the
PKGBUILD is merely a file containing a Bash shell language script;
in that context, there is absolutely nothing at all "odd" about including
comments within an array definition, a useful addition which had
hitherto worked just fine.