[aur-requests] [PRQ#9993] Deletion Request for firefox-extension-privacy-badger-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Dec 13 03:21:29 UTC 2017

Eschwartz [1] filed a deletion request for firefox-extension-privacy-
badger-git [2]:

- I no longer use this.
- Extensions from git no longer really make sense as Mozilla has made
it increasingly hard to run your own extensions (and our packaging
does not change this policy).
- It hasn't been updated in over two years.
- Somewhere along the line one of the makedepends disappeared from the
AUR.
- The source repo was archived a year ago and development moved to the
webextension.

The fact that neither of the last two were noticed by anyone
(including me) in at least a year and maybe two, tells me *no one*
actually uses this.

tl;dr This sucks, time to delete it.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Eschwartz/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/firefox-extension-privacy-badger-git/