[aur-requests] [PRQ#7406] Deletion Request for dash-sh

Kieran Colford kieran at kcolford.com
Thu Feb 2 12:55:51 UTC 2017

Ah, I see, could you include this into the wiki article on dash? This is a
much cleaner solution than modifying pacman.conf like it suggests.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017, 1:39 AM Eli Schwartz, <eschwartz93 at gmail.com> wrote:

On 02/02/2017 01:32 AM, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> Eschwartz [1] filed a deletion request for dash-sh [2]:
>
> Frivolous duplicate of extra/dash with sh symlinked to dash instead of
> bash.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Eschwartz/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/dash-sh/

Note that a better way of doing this is through pacman hooks:

```
[eschwartz at arch /tmp/bash-nosh]$ cat /etc/pacman.d/hooks/sh-is-dash.hook
[Trigger]
Type = Package
Operation = Install
Operation = Upgrade
Target = bash

[Action]
Description = Re-pointing /bin/sh symlink to dash...
When = PostTransaction
Exec = /usr/bin/ln -sf dash /usr/bin/sh
Depends = dash
```

This allows me to use the repo packages, rather than maintaining forked
copies, and at the same time ensures sh will always use dash, assuming
dash is available.

--
Eli Schwartz

--