[aur-requests] [PRQ#7466] Deletion Request for tor-browser-es

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:11:43 UTC 2017

Le 09/02/2017 à 22:01, notify at aur.archlinux.org a écrit :

> scan [1] filed a deletion request for tor-browser-es [2]:
>
> Este paquete se encuentra abandonado ya hace mucho tiempo y con graves
> problemas de seguridad.
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/scan/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/tor-browser-es/

Please post in english. From what I understand (never learned a word of
Spanish ever), this package is abandoned, out-of-date (current upstream
release seems to be 6.5) and thus has important security issue (and
we’re speaking of Tor Browser here, so that’s definitively a thing). My
question is: why do you want it to be deleted rather than orphaned so
that someone else can update it? Just file an orphan request in this
case, and it will be automatically disowned.

Regards,
Bruno