[aur-requests] [PRQ#7460] Deletion Request for pdf.js

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:30:29 UTC 2017

Le 14/02/2017 à 18:01, Florian Bruhin a écrit :

> * Bruno Pagani <bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com> [2017-02-14 16:59:10 +0100]:
>> Le 08/02/2017 à 22:16, notify at aur.archlinux.org a écrit :
>>
>>> The-Compiler [1] filed a deletion request for pdf.js [2]:
>>>
>>> Duplicate of pdfjs (without dot) which was first submitted 10 months
>>> earlier (and has packages optdepending on it)
>>>
>>> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/The-Compiler/
>>> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/pdf.js/
>> Indeed, but pdf.js seems like a more correct package name in fact. Could
>> you agree on the maintainership of it, and file a merge request of pdfjs
>> to pdf.js instead?
> I'd be fine either way, but [1] says:
>
>     For the sake of consistency, pkgname should match the name of the
>     source tarball of the software: for instance, if the software is
>     in foobar-2.5.tar.gz, use pkgname=foobar.
>
> And the name used in their release tarballs[2] is "pdfjs".
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD
> [2] https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/releases/download/v1.7.225/pdfjs-1.7.225-dist.zip
>
> Florian

Hum, you’re right, and in fact a second look at all the Arch packages
shows that only few are in .js, and those are the ones being wrong (by
the way, 4 of the 6 concerned are from morealaz). I was tricked because
d3.js is the first *js package from this query
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=nd&K=.js, and that I thought
the d3.js packaging should be a reference one given the importance of
D3.js in my mind.

pdf.js is now merged into pdfjs.

@morealaz, can you pushed fixed version of your packages and file merge
requests? Thanks.