[aur-requests] [PRQ#7175] Deletion Request for docbook-xml-dtd

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Wed Jan 4 20:14:41 UTC 2017

rafaelff [1] filed a deletion request for docbook-xml-dtd [2]:

This package provides docbook xml DTD v4.4, which is already provided
pkg 'docbook-xml', so it is redundant.

This package is Also dangerous to DTD catalog installed in the system
by official pkgs like docbook-xml, docbook-sgml, etc. because it
installs catalog in wrong file and messes up the list of current
installed. The .install file is bugged (e.g. the post-remove function
installs instead of removing!)

Because of these issues, I once requested its deletion ([PRQ#5684]
Deletion Request for docbook-xml-dtd [1]) in June 2016, but it was
denied with reason "Please settle the things with the package
maintainer" -- well, I tried without any fix by the maintainer. He
states he fixed, but there was no package update so far.

Recently, another user[2] had the same problem as me and gaddly I was
notified about it and was able to share my diagnostics and solution.

Please delete this package as it is useless (redundant) and dangerous.

[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-
requests/2016-June/011916.html
[2] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1673353

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/rafaelff/