[aur-requests] [PRQ#8527] Request Accepted

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Mon Jul 17 05:25:19 UTC 2017

On 16/07/17 23:53, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> Request #8527 has been accepted automatically by the Arch User
> Repository package request system:
>
> The package base has been flagged out-of-date since 2016-03-30.

Hmm, I'm sorry, but I do not think I am inactive...

Let me quote a comment from 2016-05-15:

You know, I am not a clueless packager, I am an actual nouveau
developer. I do not claim to know everything, but at the very least, let
me tell you that 340.32 is not as well tested as 325.15 and only 325.15
has support for the tesla GPUs.

When nouveau supports video decoding on Maxwell, I will update this
package. Until then, it will stay as is unless someone comes with a real
story that updating was worth the risk of breaking some code (AKA,
actually fixed bugs or added support for one GPU). At this point, I will
likely depend on multiple versions of the blob so as I can keep having
one package for all the firmwares. If really bandwidth is a problem, I
will consider splitting it.