[aur-requests] [PRQ#7756] Deletion Request for arachni

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Mar 21 00:31:11 UTC 2017

GI_Jack [1] filed a deletion request for arachni [2]:

NUKE FROM ORBIT

I don't have time to fix this shit.

1. Its a git build without the -git packagename
2. It bundles and installs ruby as root, into the root filesystem.
3. If this wasn't bad enough, this flaming pile of dogshit put the
bundle install instruction in the post install instructions so none of
the files are trackable by pacman/libpm. Cleaning up this giant
clusterfuck is going to be hard, and require manual intervention.
4. If that wasn't bad enough, those files interfere with the same
software packaged correctly, causing other pieces of software to fail.

I moved this from AUR3, then forgot about it. I would like to
apologize to the arch community at this time.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/GI_Jack/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/arachni/