[aur-requests] [PRQ#9825] Deletion Request for python-android-backup-tools-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Mon Nov 20 23:41:05 UTC 2017

patrick.luehne [1] filed a deletion request for python-android-backup-
tools-git [2]:

Dear trusted users,

This is to request the deletion of the python-android-backup-tools-git
package.

I created this package in the first place, because android-backup-
tools is required for building python-miio, but android-backup-tools
didn’t have any official release tag on GitHub. To still be able to
package python-miio, I added this Git VCS package.

However, the maintainer of android-backup-tools now created a 0.1.0
release tag on my request, which is why I added a non-VCS package,
python-android-backup-tools, for this tool with the proper release
version number.

While we could certainly keep the VCS package around, I think that it
won’t be too useful considering that there aren’t frequent commits to
android-backup-tools.

This is why I’d suggest cleaning this up to keep the AUR tidy :).

Thanks,
Patrick

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/patrick.luehne/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/python-android-backup-tools-git/