[aur-requests] [PRQ#9883] Merge Request for super-flat-remix-icon-theme

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Thu Nov 30 06:43:00 UTC 2017

daniruiz [1] filed a request to merge super-flat-remix-icon-theme [2]
into flat-remix [3]:

Hi! I'm the developer of the icon theme and I'd like to merge it for
the next reasons:
1-With the new repository ("flat-remix") the theme will be updated
much faster. With "super-flat-remix-icon-theme" repository any time
that I update the theme, that is quite often, I have to notify the
maintainer of this repository to make the convenient changes. But many
times or the changes are ignored or it takes too long. For example,
once, I changed the layout of the files on github, so that it was
easier to modify but the PKGBUIL in this repository didn't update even
when I commented it, and it remained broken for a while.
2-The name of the theme isn't "super flat remix" but just "flat
remix". I have some problems with that because many people think they
are different themes, and there even made many posts about the theme
calling it "super flat remix" and uploading a really old version. It
is too confusing for people.
3-Naming the repository "flat-remix" as the icon theme name is just so
much easier to remember.
4-"super-flat-remix-icon-theme" hasn't been updated since 2016-10-25
5-"super-flat-remix-icon-theme" only install the main theme while the
new repository "flat remix" installs the main theme and the themes for
dark and light desktops.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/daniruiz/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/super-flat-remix-icon-theme/
[3] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/flat-remix/