[aur-requests] [PRQ#9551] Deletion Request for spinach

Garrett garrett.floft at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:02:41 UTC 2017

I guess calling that risky is fair. I have not adequately shown that this
covers every possible case. If I was great at formal verification, I could
attempt to prove that. Albeit, that would be more work than just using a
better method. I viewed this as essentially escaping input. For example, in
HTML it is sufficient to escape something like 3 symbols. Here's the filter:

s/;.*//g'

Though, there are some filters that I would not view as risky (provided sed
does exactly what the regular expression states):

cat | sed -r 's/.*//g'

Maybe a whitelist approach would have been better. In any case, I went with
the Bash code you provided. Thanks for the bug report. Fixed.