[aur-requests] [PRQ#8903] Deletion Request for mpvhq-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sat Sep 2 16:04:00 UTC 2017

timofonic [1] filed a deletion request for mpvhq-git [2]:

Hello.

(I'm not part of the mpv development team, I'm just a mere user)

Please remove this repo, it's useless and confusing.

This software is unmaintained, the repository got renamed to mpvhq-
old. The code got merged to the official mpv project and the developer
works on mainline (the official code repository).

https://github.com/haasn/mpvhq-old

Look at (unmaintained).

I contacted the repo owner, so he may be more explicit and detailed at
this.

See here: https://github.com/haasn/mpvhq-old/issues/14 (see there a
more complete explanation and sources to notify this package is
outdated and unmaintained).

I'm also trying to make other related repositories of packages from
other distros be deleted or deprecated.

https://github.com/suhteevah/mpvhq-win32/issues/1
https://github.com/suhteevah/mpvhq-win64/issues/7

Packages must use official repo instead.
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv

Thanks in advance.

(I'm not part of the mpv development team, I'm just a mere user)

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/timofonic/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/mpvhq-git/