[aur-requests] [PRQ#9294] Deletion Request for linux-aufs_friendly

Calimero calimeroteknik at free.fr
Thu Sep 28 17:30:55 UTC 2017

Le 28/09/2017 à 18:32, notify at aur.archlinux.org a écrit :
> Alad [1] filed a deletion request for linux-aufs_friendly [2]:
>
> Obscured PKGBUILD, dead upstream patchset, EOL upstream version. Also
> maintainer comment:
>
> "For some time now, OverlayFS has been able to do everything I've been
> using AUFS for. I'll continue maintaining this, but I won't be using
> it myself and suggest that AUFS users take a look at the latest
> version of OverlayFS (which can do several branches, too)."
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Alad/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/linux-aufs_friendly/

Hello,

I admit that I was very slow fixing that package, but I did it now, and I'm maintaining it again.
Two people reacted in the comments in the hope that I would fix it, so it seems useful to at least someone.

As for the comment I pinned about OverlayFS, mdevaev answered that as well: round-robin writes are a valid reason why someone would use AUFS. OverlayFS does not have that feature.

When properly updating the package version to 4.13 (4.11 is indeed EOL), we're on a branch where the last commit is from 6 days ago [1] so it seems to me that the patchset is well-maintained, no worries here.

Could deletion be reconsidered?

Thanks

[1] https://github.com/sfjro/aufs4-standalone/tree/aufs4.13