[aur-requests] [PRQ#11074] Deletion Request for j7

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Apr 8 16:11:10 UTC 2018

On 04/06/2018 06:59 AM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
> phillid [1] filed a deletion request for j7 [2]:
>
> Not updated for over two years, package is superseded by a new release
> which is on the AUR elsewhere
>
> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/phillid/
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/j7/

If you're referring to j8-git, we should really have a non-VCS
version... it looks like this is not using the name "j", because there
is a clash with a preexisting text editor of the same name, so maybe it
should use j-lang or something, instead of embedding the major version
in the pkgname?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User