[aur-requests] Requesting package deletion of gotop

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Apr 9 16:45:29 UTC 2018

On 04/09/2018 12:21 PM, Caleb Bassi via aur-requests wrote:
> Hi, I made the 'gotop' AUR package but I realized it should actually
> be called 'gotop-bin' since it's a binary package and resubmitted it
> as that and now I was wondering if you could delete the old one.
> Thanks!

Why don't you just make it a source package? Binary packages are gross,
we *want* to build from source.

Binary packages are usually used only for proprietary software without
published sources, or software which is significantly different as a
standalone binary (Mozilla Firefox?).

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User