[aur-requests] [PRQ#11119] Orphan Request for pcs-git

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Thu Apr 12 20:41:09 UTC 2018

Hello list,

The claim made in the message is unsubstantiated, as can easily be seen on the package's page. I think the submitter is a package hoarder, because he has 383(!) packages on the AUR, most probably acquired through such requests.
This has happened before and leads to a centralization of the AUR.

In this particular case, the last request for a PKGBUILD update was only made this morning at around 8 AM. The requester submitted the request today at 8 PM.
His claim that there were many comments with working PKGBUILDs is irrelevant, because the only new one is from this morning around 8 AM.  The following claim that there were no reaction sice 2016 is irrelevant as well, because the last comment before that was only towards the end of march.
I consider the submission of the request after only 12 hours to be an attempt at a package takeover, because the requester attempted to create the illusion of an inactive maintainer.
I kindly ask to take care about accepting such requests and to take apropriate action against such attempts.

Kind regards

Noel Kuntze

--
GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658