[aur-requests] [PRQ#11119] Orphan Request for pcs-git

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Thu Apr 12 21:52:28 UTC 2018

On 04/12/2018 05:33 PM, Noel Kuntze wrote:
> The last package of mine that a request was made against
> (pacemaker-stable) was merged (int pacemaker) rather quickly through
> an aur request, so I'm pretty sensitive about such things. Whenever I
> do requests myself, I give the maintainers ususally a month before I
> send it and also send them mail to their registered email address in
> case they don't see the mail from the AUR.

A grace period is only given when what the maintainer thinks/does
matters, so I probably should have specified I was referring to orphan
requests.

(Internally, the backend actually allows any request to be rejected
immediately, but it doesn't allow directly accepting orphan requests
until 14 days. To accept those early, we need to close it, then manually
orphan the package.)

Merge or deletion requests usually have a reason beyond "maintainer
inactive, I can do better" ;) so depending on the request we may decide
we know all the facts already, or we may try to consult the maintainer
first. Packages that violate the naming guidelines or are duplicates of
another package will generally be deleted pretty fast, but those are
special circumstances...

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User