[aur-requests] [PRQ#11200] Deletion Request for pxls

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Apr 22 18:32:13 UTC 2018

On 04/21/2018 09:05 AM, Robin Broda via aur-requests wrote:
> On 04/21/2018 01:23 AM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
>> hanss314 [1] filed a deletion request for pxls [2]:
>>
>> The package should be deleted as it is not useful.
>
> Hm, does the submitter (which appears to be the upstream developer) not
> intend to work on the project anymore?

I'm more concerned that it bundles source code in a tarball in the AUR,
and neither of the files in that tarball correspond to the Github repo
referenced as upstream.

It also seems to have no explanation for what it does, and the uploader
registered an account just in time to upload this, so I've got no clue
what their deal is.

>> It was created as an attempt to circumvent the rules of a competition.
>
> I'm curious - could you clarify that statement a little bit?

This is definitely an interesting claim though, and I'd like to see
references for what this is referring to. :)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User