[aur-requests] [PRQ#12228] Deletion Request for deepin-wechat

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 5 07:05:39 UTC 2018

On 08/05/2018 01:13 AM, notify--- via aur-requests wrote:
> Skywol [1] filed a deletion request for deepin-wechat [2]:
>
> The maintianer merged "deepin.com.wechat" without my permisson ,the
> deepin-wechat depends on "wine" and "deepin-wine" which belongs to me
> and the same function as "wine", thus aur users have to install
> deepin-wine and wine also, it shouldn't be this

By the way: If a package has incorrect dependencies, discuss this with
the package maintainer rather than uploading duplicate packages. If the
maintainer is not responsive about fixing things, submit a request for
that package to be orphaned so it can be fixed.

Don't upload duplicate packages instead, which do nothing but confuse
users about which package to install.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User