[aur-requests] [PRQ#12252] Deletion Request for msp430-elf-mcu-full

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Aug 7 15:07:40 UTC 2018

vonPalitroque [1] filed a deletion request for msp430-elf-mcu-full
[2]:

Greetings,

As stated on my last commit, I have decided that it is against the
interest of the community as a whole to not include the device
description files in this package and to have two separate packages
potentially causing any confusion. As such, I have included the device
description files in this PKGBUILD to be installed. I apologize for
the incident.

I still maintain that the msp430-elf-gcc-bin is incorrectly packaged
(it should be in /opt rather than /usr like all self contained
packages), and that it is a duplicate of mspgcc-ti, but that is a
different issue alltoguether.

Cheers,

Orlando.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/vonPalitroque/