[aur-requests] [PRQ#12064] Deletion Request for popcorntime-bin Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Aug 12 14:19:06 UTC 2018

Request #12064 has been rejected by Eschwartz [1]:

He said, she said, they all said.

Some shady software says about another shady software, that the other
one is malware, and suddenly we delete things without proof? The
package maintainers have offered reasonable-sounding rebuttals to this
claim, and the packages appear to have moved to not using precompiled
release artifacts that might be malicious viruses/spyware.

As far as I can tell, there's no sufficient reason to delete this on
the grounds of it containing a virus/spyware, hence this deletion
request as-is should not be accepted.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Eschwartz/