[aur-requests] [PRQ#12436] Deletion Request for telegram-cli-git

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Aug 21 11:50:05 UTC 2018

drrossum [1] filed a deletion request for telegram-cli-git [2]:

Not sure how to respond to the deletion request by mprom, please
advice how to do this...

I am the current maintainer of this package.

This software is fully functional and I use it on a daily basis.  I
don't see the need to remove this package from the AUR.  mprom did not
provide references to known security flaws (though they may exist).
Unless there are strong arguments to force users to abandon this,
using software that has not been updated for two years should be
within the user's own discretion, in my view.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/drrossum/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/telegram-cli-git/