[aur-requests] [PRQ#13420] Deletion Request for gosh

Daniel Martí mvdan at mvdan.cc
Thu Dec 13 16:44:24 UTC 2018

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 14:58:49 +0000, Sauyon Lee wrote:
> I'm the maintainer of the gosh package, and this seems reasonable enough to
> me, but obviously there's the concern that people who have the old gosh
> installed may be using it and not want this to go through (though I doubt
> there are many of them).

Thanks for your reply. I too imagine there likely aren't that many of
them, and installing Go programs is usually straightforward anyway.

> If my input is at all necessary (which I doubt) I'm happy with any decision
> from the TUs. I assume there's some kind of protocol for this.

It seems like the request was rejected. TUs, is there a protocol for
this? The rejection mentioned that minimal activity in early 2017 is
enough to keep the package around, so should I file a request again in a
few months?

I realise that no activity for two years is usually OK for most
packages, but with Go having a major release every six months, any Go
interpreter that hasn't had updates for more than two releases is likely
just unmaintained.