[aur-requests] [PRQ#10526] Request Accepted

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Thu Feb 8 16:15:15 UTC 2018

Request #10526 has been accepted by Eschwartz [1]:

For future context, this resolution came out as a result of the
following discussion in the comments:

marcossena commented on 2018-02-08 01:14

Do not use. Broke my system. I had to reinstall. It would be good if
you retired from the repository. This is my suggestion.

Antegris commented on 2017-09-13 15:53

Kiwii: Thank you for the tips. I happened to install this hours before
a local competition (In my infinite stupidity I didn't check the
comments) and it seg faulted. I was able to recover my computer thanks
to the process you offered.

dundee commented on 2017-08-02 13:14

I contacted the author (Jakub Jelínek from RedHat) and the resolution
is that prelink is not maintained anymore and this bug will not be
fixed (unless somebody takes over the project which is not likely).

***
PLEASE USE PRELINK ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE IT WILL NOT CORRUPT YOUR
BINARIES!
***

Kiwii commented on 2017-08-02 00:00

Just as a heads up, it's currently breaking glibc and any app using
it: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/54820

If your system breaks, regular chrooting won't work anymore since bash
segfaults but you can still fix it from a live system by mounting your
root to e.g. /mnt/arch and then have pacman reinstall glibc with
custom root and config parameters:

# pacman -r /mnt/arch --config /mnt/arch/etc/pacman.conf -Syu glibc

After that, you can chroot into the system via the regular arch-chroot
script and undo prelinking of the rest of the system if you want/need
to:
# prelink -au

In case reinstalling just glibc doesn't work, just reinstall the base
group; that's what I did, though probably not necessary.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Eschwartz/