[aur-requests] [PRQ#11698] Deletion Request for lxc-snapshots

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Mon Jun 18 11:22:28 UTC 2018

On 06/05/2018 10:06 PM, John wrote:
> The readme on github is pretty descriptive and well commented and as you pointed out below

That's irrelevant

> the terminology I used is from upstream.

You *are* upstream in this case, so that's sort of a weak excuse

> I should point out that quite a few pieces of software have less-than-perfect names :)

Go ahead. I don't see how that changes that your programs name is *also* misleading.

> It's a niche use I will grant you, but I see the github repo has been starred by 2 users.  I don't think that wide-spread popularity needed for inclusion in the AUR.

Quoting the AUR Rules of submission as taken from the wiki: 'Make sure the package you want to upload is useful. Will anyone else want to use this package? Is it extremely specialized?'.
Does that answer your question?

--
Rob (coderobe)