[aur-requests] [PRQ#11903] Orphan Request for firefox-extension-greasemonkey

Marco Pompili pompilimrc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 16:13:13 UTC 2018

The update you proposed will not work. You need to remove the old plugin
file searching for its emid from the Firefox user folder.
Also you can't be sure from which version an user is updating so that emid
can be pretty anything.

Your PKGBUILD would work ONLY if you are installing but not updating the
package, maybe there's some function than you can use in the install file
to remove the old package first... I don't know

Basically your PKGBUILD will do a fake update saying that the plugin is
4.4, while instead Firefox is still using any old version previously
installed, so be EXTRA careful to solve that.

I orphaned it, go for it tiger :D