[aur-requests] Follow up to: [PRQ#10808] Deletion Request for wine-staging-dev

Daniel Bermond danielbermond at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:40:48 UTC 2018

After I've placed this deletion request, the maintainer of the package
wine-staging-dev pushed a new commit adding the wine-nine patches in order
to make it different from my package wine-staging-git, probably trying to
escape from the deletion.

Even after this, I think that this package should be deleted. This would
avoid confusion to users seeking the pure wine-staging VCS (development)
package because the package names are quite the same and express the same
thing.

The AUR wiki page says that the package name should express in what is it
modified for. Quote from the wiki: "Exception to this strict rule may only
be packages having extra features enabled and/or patches in comparison to
the official ones. In such an occasion the pkgname should be different to
express that difference."

If it would not be deleted, I think that it should be at least renamed to
something else, like wine-staging-nine-git, or something similiar.

Best regards,
--
Daniel M. Bermond
e-Mail: danielbermond at gmail.com