[aur-requests] Request co-maintainership of perl-gtk2-unique

Michael Kogan michael.kogan at gmx.net
Sat Mar 24 10:32:40 UTC 2018

Hello everybody,

I maintain the PKGBUILD for Shutter. Shutter is hit by a bug in one of its
dependencies, perl-gtk2-unique. A patch by the Debian folks exists which
solves this problem. Over a month ago I commented on perl-gtk2-unique AUR
page requesting this patch to be included but there is no reaction so far.
I also wrote a mail to bidulock, the package's maintainer about this issue.
Seems like he is busy currently. :) I don't want to file an orphan request
because bidulock is clearly the more experienced packager than I am (he
actually helped me with a package a few years ago) but maybe it is possible
to make me a co-maintainer such that I can include the patch to the
package? The patch in question is
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-perl/packages/libgtk2-unique-perl.git/tree/debian/patches/fix_segfault_2nd_instance
I've tested it and it indeed fixes the bug in Shutter.

Thanks for reading,
Michael