[aur-requests] [PRQ#10974] Request Rejected

notify at aur.archlinux.org notify at aur.archlinux.org
Sun Mar 25 00:40:04 UTC 2018

Request #10974 has been rejected by Eschwartz [1]:

They are correctly marked as optdepends, not depends.

They are also correctly marked as makedepends, due to the fact that
they are, well, needed to build the optional plugins.

This is why the wise makepkg developers have created the concept of
the makedepends, which aren't depends.

Now, since the maintainer is active and also is doing the right thing,
and has repeatedly explained why these makedepends are present in a
calm, respectful and polite manner, whereas you are picking a fight
and trying to wrest control away for no reason, I'd have to say I'm
very disappointed this request even existed for me to reject. Please
consider this the final authoritative word on the matter, and do not
re-raise the issue.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Eschwartz/